New Hip Hop Music Around the World: 5 Artists to Watch Out For
Written by on June 24, 2023
Hip hop music has been a global phenomenon for decades, and it continues to evolve and spread across different cultures and countries. From its roots in African American communities in New York City, hip hop has now become one of the most popular genres worldwide, with artists from every corner of the globe putting their own unique spin on this style of music. Here are five new hip hop artists from around the world that you should be listening to right now:
1. YBN Cordae (USA) – This young rapper hails from Maryland and is part of the YBN crew, which includes other up-and-coming rappers like YBN Nahmir and YBN Almighty Jay. Cordae’s lyrics are intelligent and thoughtful, and he has a smooth flow that makes him stand out among his peers. His debut album, “The Lost Boy,” was released earlier this year and features collaborations with some of the biggest names in hip hop today.
2. Little Simz (UK) – Born in London, England, Little Simz is known for her powerful voice and confident delivery. She started releasing mixtapes at just 16 years old and quickly gained attention for her raw talent and uncompromising attitude. Her latest album, “Grey Area,” was released last year and received critical acclaim for its innovative sound and introspective lyrics.
3. Koffee (Jamaica) – This reggae/dancehall artist from Jamaica burst onto the scene in 2018 with her breakout single, “Toast.” Since then, she has continued to make waves with her infectious melodies and conscious lyrics. In addition to being nominated for multiple awards, including a Grammy, Koffee has also collaborated with some of the biggest names in reggae and dancehall, such as Chronixx and Protoje.
4. Tierra Whack (USA) – Another young rap sensation, Tierra Whack comes from Philadelphia and made waves with her debut album, “Whack World,” in 2018. The album featured 15 tracks, each exactly one minute long, and showcased Whack’s quirky personality and off-kilter sense of humor. Since then, she has continued to release catchy singles and collaborate with other rising stars in the industry.
5. Riz MC (Pakistan/UK) – Last but not least, Riz MC is a British actor and rapper who grew up in Pakistan before moving to London as a child. He first gained recognition for his role in the critically acclaimed film “Four Lions” before turning to music full time. His rhymes are socially conscious and politically charged, and he often tackles topics related to race, religion, and identity in his work.
In conclusion, these five artists represent only a small fraction of the incredible talent coming out of the hip hop world today. Whether they come from America or abroad, all of them have something unique to offer listeners, and we can’t wait to see what else they have in store for us.